Alter famous quotes and "make them yours".

Quotes are all around us and have been "captured" throughout history. However, they do little good unless one searches them out and when they are found, they become a part of one's attitude arsenal to keep positive and moving upward and onward.

Many of the quotes I use, or have been known as the "originator" I'm sure I've pulled from the recesses of my mind. Many times I will take a quote by someone who acclaimed some fame (enough to think his or her quotes are now worthy) and then make it my own.

This is not to say that I take it word by word and say that I came up with it and take full responsibility and claim. When I believe in a quote, I make it my own by living its message. That is how I "make it my own".

Next, when a quote is especially valuable to my beliefs I may turn it into an affirmation so I give it power and energy in my life when I declare it out loud.

For example, this weekend I heard of a quote.

Keep your mind occupied with things which need to be done. 
Then you'll have no time to fear your ability to do them. 

(I was told this was by, Oliver Wolcott. If you can correct this, please let me know in the comments section).

I then modified it so I could use it. Feel free to use the following (and any of my quotes on this page) on your site or in your materials as long as you link back to this site.


I will keep my mind on things which need to be done
so I won’t have time to fear my ability to do them. 

Ter Scott, Life & Legacy Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment